I am currently in the process of designing a new website. This site, alittlehairhelp will remain active even after the launch of the new site. Although this site will focus on hair extension care and hair styling tips for extensions. The new site will be an information page for those clients seeking information on a consultation or an extension appointment. I can’t quite say yet when the site will be done, most likely within the next 6 months. Stay tuned for all the exciting changes!
Filtering by Category: personal care
I am excited to offer a unique hair extension service regionally. Hair extensions done in the comfort of your own environment. I have so many clients who have to reschedule appointments because of personal or work plans that get in the way. I wanted to solve this problem by offering that I come to your home or office to perform a full hair extension installation and/or removal. The service would take between 2-4 hours depending on the amount of hair desired.
Included in this exclusive service would be an exclusive hair extension care kit which includes a booklet of information I have compiled over the years to give you the best possible outcomes in every area of concern. Also included is a hair extension brush and a few key products that I recommend for the longevity and beauty of your hair extensions.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity please contact me at 208.841.1090
'Tis wedding season again. Since styling hair often seems out of reach for most women on their own I compiled a short list of step by step how to's. You can either practice these looks on yourself, show them to a friend and enlist their help in achieving the look, or show them to the professional stylist who will be doing your hair. If there are any more tutorials you would like please let me know and I will do my best to find them.
Things to consider when choosing a style:
What will the weather be like? If it's going to be too hot you won't want your all of your hair down.
What neckline does my dress have? Perhaps a up-do would best complement your lovely collarbone
Will I be dancing so hard that my hair will fall out of place? Hopefully. Best tip: Create a small ponytail in the middle of an up-do and anchor all bobby pins into the base of the ponytail. It will hold!
How good do I want to look? Completely smashing, of course. But not more beautiful than the bride. In fact steer clear of bridal styles to avoid looking like an attention whore. Also don't look like a whore. That's an image that never impresses the hosts.
I'm getting off track...
If you have very thick or very fine hair keep in mind that the style will look different on you. Thick hair, choose a somewhat sleeker style to successfully pin back a large amount of hair, or wear your hair down, even half down. Thin hair, choose a looser style where we can create volume with large pieces.
If you see any styles you like, just click on the picture and it will link you to the step by step instructions for the style.
Lauren Conrad's Beauty Department is the video below. I really like her videos. They are to the point, beautifully filmed and always reliable. There are a lot of them. Be sure to check a few out for hair styling tips.
There are specialty salons popping up all across the country. These salons are catering to specific needs that their clients may have and also highlighting the specific talents that a stylist or a team of stylists cares about the most. Unfortunately none of these boutique salons exist in Boise, ID yet, but I am sure it won't be long.
This type of salon specializes in a finished look. They specialize obviously in the blow-out which is a blow dry style that leaves your hair very voluminous, shiny and sexy for a couple days or one hard night! Some Blow-out Bar Boutiques are also offering extensions, up-dos, conditioning treatments, or skin care services.
The convenience offered is a quick style, easy to obtain appointments most days of the week and trendy amenities, such as iPads or iPods at each station and espresso. Sounds fun! Check out this Blow Dry Bar in Scottsdale, AZ called Primp and Blow
This is a salon specializing only in color. Many color clients feel the same way about what they want in their color. They want it cheap, they want it fast, they want it perfect and they want it to last. Certain salons are now catering specifically to the color market. They want to offer technically advanced haircolor done quickly. What is there not to love about beautiful haircolor that is affordable and uncomplicated?
By offering only color these boutique color bars are able to speed up the process of an appointment which translates to a lower bill for the client. For complete ease of access clients may not even have to book an appointment, just drift in when the mood (or the gray) strikes them.
Here's an example of a color only salon in Toronto, Canada called Color Lab 12.
Braids, Buns and Pony's
These salons offer a new menu of affordable services specifically for a finished look. So what is on the menu? Typically you will find about 20-30 different braid, bun and ponytail options, including trendier options like the sock bun or the messy bun. Since these looks can usually be achieved in 15-20 minutes and require little product the price will be low. Stylist also offer tips on how to re-create a simpler version of this for an at home attempt or tools to take home to re-create the look (i.e. the sock in the sock bun). Products are going to be a key element of styling any of these looks so be prepared to shell out more $ on retail than on the actual style itself.
Here's an example of a Braid, Bun and Pony Style Bar called Lukaro in Beverly Hills, CA
So which one would you be the most tempted to try?
I've recently read about a new kind of girls get together called a Trash it or Treasure it party. I've known that they existed for clothing but I had never heard of one with a beauty theme. You can read more about it at Sunnie Brook Beauty Blog. There are some important guidelines listed to let attendees know how to tell if the products you're interested in bringing could be expired.
I would totally take part in this party! However, I would only be interested in products that you can individually dram out i.e. not something that you have to dip into the jar for. This would exclude makeup that is pressed into a compact (blush, powder). I would also have to exclude any eye makeup because I just think that is gross. I would be inclined to rule out nail polish too, although I am told that the formaldehyde in it kills any bacteria or fungus I just wouldn't want to take the chance.
It would be perfect for trying out shampoo, conditioner, lotion (face or body), hair styling products, beauty treatments (face masks), self-tanners, bronzers, face wash, makeup brush cleaners, makeup brushes...the list is long.
Because who hasn't a purchased beauty product that they have instantly regretted or immediately disliked? I know it isn't just me.
Also, let's exclude toothpaste and dental floss. You know somebody would try to bring that.
If there is one product that I absolutely must have to get me through spring and summer its Fake Bake. I was introduced to this product last spring and I have gone through a few bottles since then. This is why it is better than any other self tanner out there.
- It comes with gloves and a chamois mitt for a flawless, streak free, spotless application.
- It is darker when you put it on then when you rinse it off, which prevents over application.
- Smells like a tropical vacation
- Beautiful color, not orangey like other self tanners that I have tried
- No distinct line of demarkation between where the tan is applied and where it ends, so you don't have to worry about covering your shoulders with the product and not being able to reach your back.
- One bottle will last you for months, even with consistent application
This is what I have found to be the best method for application:
- Shave the day or two before you plan to apply (it can be mildly irritating to recently shaved skin)
- If you have lotion on your legs, rinse off and scrub or exfoliate your skin
- Once you are dry, apply gloves (to both hands) and mitt
- Shake bottle well, spray about 8 times directly onto the mitt and smooth onto your legs. I like to start at the bottom and work my way up.
- Keep spraying the mitt and applying to body as needed. I do a super quick light application on my feet and around my ankles. Bend and unbend your knees and heels as you apply to avoid creases.
- For your upper body I recommend doing a super quick and light application (meaning I don't spray any new tanner on the mitt, just use residual from end of last section) around my armpits. You don't want the tanner in your armpits, it will all sweat off and it's gross, and smells weird with sweat. Bend and unbend your elbows as applying but again do a very light application over your elbows (it really like to stick here)
- By the time you are done applying you will be dry, it's quick.
- Remove gloves, wash hands thoroughly.
- Use the residual tanner left on the mitt to apply to wrists and the tops of your hands after you have the gloves off.
- Grab a cotton ball or cotton pad and get it damp by wetting it and wringing it out. Very lightly go over your elbows, ankles and wrists with the damp cotton ball. This will remove excess without removing all of it
- Lounge around for about 10 minutes in a robe, very loose fitting clothing, or underwear.
If you have applied the original Fake Bake then you are going to leave this on overnight or all day. I prefer to do it at night. Rinse off (no soap or shower gel) in the morning and enjoy your new glow!
If you have applied the 60 minute Fake Bake then you will leave it on for 1 hour for a light tan, 2 hours for a medium tan or 3 hours for a deep tan then you will rinse off. Just rinse with warm water, no soap or shower gel.
Other Fake Bake products that I love and have tried are the Fake Bake aerosol tan, but this can be a bit messy and the Fake Bake Flawless Face. The flawless face is great for disguising brown spots on the face. I apply all around the darker areas of my face and it makes the darker spots appear not so dark. Of course remember to wash your hands after any application
If you are interested in purchasing any of the Fake Bake products you can contact me at 208-841-1090 and I will be happy to provide it for you.
To color or not to color during pregnancy? My first bit of advice to Mom's to be is if you are uncomfortable with this procedure then you should probably not do it. My second bit of advice is highlights or lowlights. With highlights and/or lowlights we can change the color of your hair, cover grays, bring you back to your natural color...so many options. To apply any of these options I use foil. Each piece of colored hair is contained within a thin sheet of foil which keeps it off of the scalp. Since your hair is not a living organ the application of color within the foils does not enter your bloodstream. There is another risk; the fumes that are released during the processing of the color can be smelled at the shampoo bowl momentarily. Other stylists working within the salon could be preforming treatments such as a perm or straightening treatment which also release fumes.
However I have performed many color applications on myself and my clients during pregnancy and I have never seen any adverse side effects. I have also never heard any complaints from clients during or after their pregnancy. I would never suggest that a client who hasn't been receiving color consistently start a new routine. Go with your instinct and you will never feel bad about it.
Have you ever been told by a professional who is rendering service to you that you need to use the entire family of products to achieve a synergistic effect? I have, quite a few times. Let me tell you why they are mistaken.
This is old news, sort of a sales pitch/wives tale invented by some marketing genius to get you to spend more with their company. Almost all of the different families of products contain somewhat similar ingredients and the are also manufactured by one of the few major manufacturing facilities that exist in the USA. Let me rephrase it this way, same general ingredients, same manufacturers, different labeling and packaging.
No all products don't contain the same ingredients for example, there are good ingredients and there are cheap ingredients. Companies like Suave and Pantene use cheaper, harsher and more abrasive ingredients in their products to produce their $3 shampoo. The results you get from these cheap ingredients can be dryer hair and skin, breakouts along your hairline, a waxy build-up in your hair (ehhhm Pantene) or severe drying of your skin. Companies like Alterna and Kevin.Murphy use more costly ingredients which results in a refined product. They tend to eliminate synthetic preservatives (parabens) and GMO (soy, corn) so your body and our environment doesn't have to pay they price. So if you use a Suave shampoo it will not make you Alterna conditioner any less effective, but trust me that Suave shampoo is making your color fade way faster and isn't benefiting the health of your hair and scalp at all.
So when you are out choosing products just keep in mind what options are the most important to you. Is it cost? Is it the quality of the ingredients? Are you looking for a targeted result (stiff, soft, color protecting) Is it the design of the product (how it fits in your hand, stays upright in your shower, dispenses easily) Whatever decision you make know that your product is working despite the fact that you haven't purchased it's companion or two or three. I personally like to try 1 to 2 items in a line before I will commit to purchasing any more. Suit yourself.
When a client sits in my chair, new or accustomed to me there are a few key phrases that I am looking for.
- "I brought a picture". Hallelujah! I know clients probably think that this is annoying but we speak different languages when it comes to color and cut. What one client describes to me a volume is really a complete straightening treatment. If she didn't have the picture I would have assumed the opposite. Same with Blondes and Brunettes, there are so many shades and a picture is worth a thousand words.
- "I love my previous stylist". I've learned over the years that you do not want a customer who has just been scorned by a previous cut/color experience. Either they are just unhappy people to begin with or they are not very good at articulating their true desires (maybe they should bring a picture). There are obviously some exceptions to this rule, but haters are going to hate.
- "I love to experiment with my cut/color". This is so great because it leaves a little wiggle room for play. This phrase does not mean that you want to put purple in your hair or cut it all off. It simply means that you know you will look smashing no matter what subtle changes are made to your style. Not experimenting with your hair is like wearing the same outfit everyday, reliable but boring.
- "What do you recommend"? To me this phrase conveys great trust in the confidence and professionalism of the stylist. I am constantly updating my education credentials and try to stay on top of current wearable trends so I can take you in the right direction.
- "I recommended my friend to you". This is the kindest statement of all. To know that you have been recommending my services is the best compliment of all. To me it means that not only do you enjoy your style and obviously are receiving compliments on it. It also means that you enjoy the experience of my salon and want others to have that too.
So put your trust in your stylist, experiment a little, just a tiny bit, if not with color or with cut than perhaps style would be a better jumping off point for you. There are infinite combinations to try. As Vidal Sassoon said "If you don't look good, we don't look good".
Many of us are trying to come up with the perfect gift for friends and family this season. Sometimes it can be really fun and other times it can feel like you are just spending money on something because "you're supposed to". I don't like feeling that way. I love to fill my online shopping cart with all sorts of items, some for me, some for them, some for me. Basically I just shop for myself and give them gifts to other people and then if they don't like it I can always relieve them of it. I think most people are pretty please with the gifts, because I only want the best for myself. So here are some ideas for all the people in your life.
Curious as to what this treatment can do for you?
It can reduce your styling time dramatically. By smoothing the cuticle with a treatment it eliminates or drastically reduces your flat iron time in the morning.
It will reduce frizz. Wether your hair is curly or straight we all experience a bit of frizz that is disappointing. The keratin treatment will put the frizz on hold.
Re-texture your curly hair. It will not eliminate your curls, it will smooth and transform them. Depending on the results you desire I have a few different strength options to choose from.
Make you feel like a star! When you blow dry your hair and get to stop there without further styling or fussing with your locks you will feel like you have received a Hollywood blow-out for weeks on end.
I am running a special on the treatment through November. Let's book your appointment today. Just think of all the time you will save over the holidays.
I stumbled upon LUSH Cosmetics when I was in Seattle recently. The exterior of the store called to me "come in, come buy something" so when I stepped in I was already excited. They have piles of fresh handmade soaps, creamy face wash bars, shampoo bars and all sorts of other goodies. The staff was very friendly and upon learning that it was my fist time in the store they gave me a quick run down of they products that they loved the most, although it seemed rather hard for them to choose. Another perk of the company is that almost everything is Vegetarian and quite a few products are Vegan. I can't wait to gift them to my friends for Christmas.
I was drawn to the facial products because I tend to have too many shower items already, but now I want a great deal more, o.k. I want everything. I am already planning my return to the store when I am back in February because I can't wait to get my hands on some of the fresh face masks that aren't sold online. I have actually had dreams about shopping here again, that's how pleasant it was. When I woke up I felt like a home-sick kid longing for the comforts of their familiar territory. So I felt the next best thing to fulfill that craving would be to place a on-line order. Here are a few of the items on my long list.
Big fragrant blocks of colorful soap. All Soaps are vegetarian. Most are vegan too. Try this one SEXY PEEL a combination of organic orange and lime juices.
DREAM CREAM is nothing short of a miracle product. This cream has been making skin care dreams come true for years now. It is a combination of lavender, chamomile, and rose absolute in a soothing oat milk base. You can use it all over your body and face. This is LUSH's number one best selling product of all time!!
Fresh Handmade Face Masks: These masks are so scrumptious and fresh that they are only sold in the stores. They are stored in a mini refrigerator at each location and I was so sad to learn they couldn't be shipped because I would have purchased at least 4-5 more of them when on location. So if you ever do make it into a store, our closest locations are Salt Lake City, Portland, and Seattle, stock up. My favorite is SACRED TRUTH which is a brightening, restorative mask. It's so hard to choose between the 9 that they offer. Why not purchase all of them?
Tell me which products you would choose?
Sombre is going to be the hottest hair trend this fall/winter. What is it? To explain I will have to start with Ombre. Ombre is a french word meaning graduation. In my world (the salon) it means a a base that is at least 3-4 levels darker than the ends. To most people it means I can have visible roots, long ones and bright pretty ends. It reduces your color maintenance, because "your roots" are visible and beautiful when you leave your appointment. If your natural color is lighter than your chosen base color, or you have grey hair this means that you can have every other appointment at the salon be a root touch up and the following appointment be a Ombre procedure. It's fun, it's beautiful, it's trendy but it's easy to carry off. You don't have to be 16 or have really long thick hair, or lots of money to spend on your hair.
Sombre takes the traditional process of Ombre and makes it a little more subtle, or subdued hence the S-Ombre. Kim Vo calls it the softer side of Ombre.
Why will this be so popular this season? Summer is over and obviously our hair is getting less sun so since we all want people to think our hair is just naturally this stunning and beautiful (yeah right) we want to steer towards a little bit of a darker sun-kissed look.
I was lucky enough to receive personal training from Kim Vo last night during an exclusive Webinar hosted by Behindthechair.com The class taught us how to achieve this beautiful effect in only 30 minutes application time, 10-15 minutes of processing and the rest is up to the customer (trim? style?).
Let's book you an appointment today and see how beautiful this would look in your hair. It can be done with lowlights too and also Red tones so we can really personalize it to your liking.
Here is what you can use it for:
- Use as a base layer on dark hair, this will make the purple, pink or orange color bug brighter.
- Use as a base layer on lighter color hair. It will make any other color on top look very vivid
- Create platinum highlights on any color hair with no chemical damage.
- Use on blonde root regrowth to disguise those roots and extend time between appointments.
- Use as a dry shampoo in any color hair.
Here is the best application technique for pops of color:
- Use a pomade as a base, it will hold the color longer and give the powder a substance to adhere to making the color brighter and more noticeable.
- Section your hair, somewhat isolating the pieces that you want to color. You can do just the tips, or ends of a larger section of your hair, or individual long strands.
- Take your favorite pomade, mine is Kevin Murphy Sticky.Business, grab a half dime sized amount, place it in your palm and rub your palms together. Rub them like your are applying lotion to just your palms, keep rubbing until the pomade is no longer white, but is clear in appearance.
- Apply the pomade to your determined sections by smoothing downward in the direction of the cuticle and sort of smearing the paste in like lotion for your hair.
- Take the cap off of the color bug and place the colored chalk piece against your section, using your fingers apply pressure to the hair using the color bug as the backing. This will get a nice thick coating of chalk on the hair. Repeat until desired depth of color is achieved.
- If you are going for a second color on top I would reapply the pomade to your hair and then repeat the application process, but don't make your hair look greasy with too much pomade.
- Keep your hands off it for the rest of the evening and I would shy away from light colored shirts so you don't get residual color on them.
Want a drug free way to achieve the thick full lashes that you so desire? This is the product that you need REVITA EPS Eyelash Growth Stimulator. This product is proven through clinical research to grow eyelashes 25% longer in as little as four weeks. Many users also experience greater thickness and density. These results are achieved using a peptide complex, not a glaucoma like drug. Peptides are believed to work by stimulating the expression of keratin genes and by improving overall eyelid health..
Keratin is a sulfur-containing protein that forms the chemical basis of epidermal tissues such as hair, nails and eyelashes. DS-Laboratories uses their peptide complex to stimulate keratin genes to help boost the growth of natural eyelashes.
Why are my eyelashes so short? Unlike hair strands of the scalp, those of the eyelashes and eyebrows have a limited anagen (active growth phase), about 30-45 days, which explains why they are so short. Approximately 60-80% of eyelashes are in this phase at any given time.
When will I see results? In a clinical trial, visible results in density were achieved beginning as early as week 4. A panel of subjects tested found a 25% increase in eyelash length after 4 weeks .
How do I use it? For best results apply twice daily, morning and evening. Ensure that your face is clean and makeup is removed. Click the button to dispense the solution. Apply to the upper and lower lash line like you would apply eyeliner, a very discrete thin line. After several weeks of use you can switch to once daily application.
- You can have the hair of your dreams within hours
- Your hair will be longer and thicker than it has ever been
- Nobody has to know they are extensions, yes they can be that good
- Everyone will give you compliments on your hair
- Every style will look better, the ponytail, the braid, the up-do
- You will feel at least 10 years younger
- You get to see me more often
- You will find yourself trying new styles you were never able to
- Your man friend will adore it
- Your girlfriends will be totally jealous and want their own
- 100% human hair mean unlimited heat styling
- Can be costly, depending on installation method chosen
- Average maintenance appointment is 2-3 hours
- Takes time to get used to doing all that new hair
- You cannot run a comb or brush through your hair the way you used to
- Because you look so much younger you will get carded all the time
- Once you have them you will never want to take them out
- You will want to tell everyone about your extensions but also want people to think it's your natural hair
- You will need to wash less, condition more and apply a deep conditioning treatment somewhat frequently.
The products I'm reviewing have made an appearance in the front and then the back of my medicine cabinet for the last few years. I decided they need another review. Here is the reason why.
I'm 6 months post breastfeeding and my hormones are settling into their new state of being, and so is my hair. I also went from blonde to copper hair in the last 4 months. The texture and the thickness of my hair has totally changed since my first pregnancy. I have never had thick hair to being with but it has changed noticeably. So my hair looks, feels and behaves completely different than it did 3-5 years ago.
I have noticed more shedding than I thought was normal over the last 12 weeks and I decided it was time to do something about it. Here is what I used...
I started with Revita, DS Labs pinnacle product in the hair loss category. I use it 3-4 times per week, as directed; which requires me to shampoo once and leave on for 1 minute, then shampoo again and leave on for 2 minutes. I added Revita-COR conditioner to the lineup next, I use it 3-4 times per week directly on my scalp. Then I use NIA helio hydrating conditioner through my ends, every time I shower.
What I have noticed: The amount of hair that I am losing in the shower has been reduced by half over the course of 1 week. It was reduced by another half 2 additional weeks later. I have not noticed any new hair growth, or baby hairs since the trial started, but I feel satisfied with the dramatic reduction in loss. At this point I am not interested in adding a regrowth serum to my routine because I still feel that I have an ample amount of hair. I'll report to you in a later post on my husbands' review of these products which includes the serum.
Have you tried this procedure? It is an injection of a sclerosing agent into spider veins. The agent chemically damages the vein from the inside causing the vein to clot. The clot is then absorbed (aka disappears) into the body over several weeks to months. This causes the spider veins to disappear. Potentially it can take 3-5 treatments to completely dissolve the vein. But it is very successful.
So what are the drawbacks?
- Cost, if you can find a deal it can be purchased for $100-$175 per treatment. A "treatment" varies from clinic to clinic some charge this for a 15 minute session. Some clinics consider injecting both legs completely one "treatment". Also medical grade compression stockings are required post treatment to help your legs heal
- Pain, the feeling of the injections is similar to bee stings. One session can include 1-100 injections depending on how many spider veins you are treating. There isn't much pain post treatment, just a general aching, swelling sensation. Only the pain of knowing how much money you paid to feel this way and how much more you will have to spend.
- Healing, the healing process takes a minimum of 3-6 months. Unfortunately those veins don't instantly disappear, they very slowly dissolve and usually more than one treatment is required. With 6 weeks between treatments x 3 treatments you are usually looking at a minimum of 6 months before you feel like you have perfect legs. Post treatment while healing you have very bruised looking legs which for me means no shorts. This series of treatments are generally done in the winter.
- Limitations, sclerotherapy only works on small superficial veins, not larger vericose veins. The treatment for the larger veins usually requires laser treatment which is outrageously expensive.
I can't wait until this treatment is out of date and replaced by something that delivers instant results and is able to treat more than just spider veins. Its ridiculous to think that anybody should have to spend thousands of dollars to have "normal" looking and feeling legs.
It's a daunting task, even for me because there are just too many options. Even if you decide that you like a brand they usually have 10-20 different options for you to choose from. Why so many options?
First of all you have to decide what it is you are struggling with, let me give you some examples
- You want cleaner hair
- You want bigger hair
- You want skinnier hair
- You want more hair
- You want your hair to be less frizzy
- You want you hair to feel less dry
- You want to protect your color
- Your scalp itches or you think you might have some flakes
- You don't know what you want but you just don't want to spend too much or buy cheap shampoo.
Lucky for you most higher end shampoos are multi-taskers so you may only need one or two in your arsenal to satisfy your needs all year round.
These are the products my clients are purchasing the most of...
Kevin Murphy Angel Wash: This is a product that helps your hair become bigger, fuller, more voluminous. Often considered a volumizing shampoo but it is so much more. It protects that beautiful color you have in your hair. It helps to heal and repair any damage that is happening to your hair, and unless its a pixie cut there is damage. This shampoo also helps to control frizz and reduce breakage. I'm sure you're dying to use it already.
DS-Laboratories Revita Shampoo: If you are concerned with hair loss, hair thinning, or excessive shedding, this is the shampoo for you. This hydrates, feeds, and stimulates the hair follicle to reactivate the growth cycle that is either too short or lying dormant in the follicle. This will also help protect your color and prevent damage although if you are struggling with frizz you might want to consider rotating this in with your other shampoo.
DS-Laboratories Dandrene: If your scalp is occasionally itchy or you are seeing some flakes this is the product to try. Not only does it calm inflammation and itching but it helps to rid your scalp of the fungi (I know it sounds gross, but everybody has fungi on their scalp, sometimes it just gets out of control) and control excessive oil on your scalp. It also calms inflammation and itching so you won't feel embarassed by those flakes.
Kevin Murphy Maxi-Wash: If you want your hair clean, like really clean, squeaky clean this is the shampoo for you. It will remove product buildup without removing color. It will remove chlorine from blonde hair, it will remove all the sweat from dancing, the stale club smell, the old hairspray and glitter leftover from the weekend. It removes buildup of chemicals that you didn't even know were there. It also contains a natural antiseptics to detoxify the hair and scalp.
Kevin Murphy Born Again: This is an ultra rich moisturizing shampoo for tortured or chemically dehydrated hair. It is wonderful if your hair feels crispy, dry, lifeless, dull or in general uncooperative. We all have our days. This shampoo acts like a conditioner. Also if you feel like your hair has too much body or fly away feeling it is craving moisture and this might just be the drink it needs.
If you have other questions concerning other brands or problem you are experiencing with your shampoo please let me know and I will guide you towards a wise choice.
Side note: Don't ever purchase a 2 in 1 shampoo, they don't exist, it's a myth.
Don't forget to read: How to wash your hair