- Your natural hair color: Were you blonde as a child? Perhaps your hair has gradually grown darker. Depending on how far away your hair color is now from the blonde you want will determine how much processing your hair needs to achieve the new you.
- The condition of your hair now: Blonde doesn't have to be achieved with a bleach. We can create a palette of different blondes in your hair using high lift colors. They are less damaging and usually more natural looking
- Has your hair been previously colored?: Depending on the artificial color that is in your hair we can determine how much lighter we will be able to achieve in 1 salon visit. Realistically you should plan on only being able to lift your hair 1-2 shades lighter per visit to avoid damage to your hair.
- Maintenance: Blondes may have more fun, but they usually spend more time in the salon as well. The look of re-growth is not something most people desire. Plan on keeping your blonde refreshed at least every 6-8 weeks
- Trends: Highlights and all over color are not the only options for blondes. If you are dying to have some blonde in your hair but you have naturally dark roots we should discuss Ombre. This option will allow your regrowth to look beautiful and natural while still having blonde tips. This trend is a wonderful way for everyone to experience blonde without trying to make it look natural.
Filtering by Tag: Blonde
Sombre is going to be the hottest hair trend this fall/winter. What is it? To explain I will have to start with Ombre. Ombre is a french word meaning graduation. In my world (the salon) it means a a base that is at least 3-4 levels darker than the ends. To most people it means I can have visible roots, long ones and bright pretty ends. It reduces your color maintenance, because "your roots" are visible and beautiful when you leave your appointment. If your natural color is lighter than your chosen base color, or you have grey hair this means that you can have every other appointment at the salon be a root touch up and the following appointment be a Ombre procedure. It's fun, it's beautiful, it's trendy but it's easy to carry off. You don't have to be 16 or have really long thick hair, or lots of money to spend on your hair.
Sombre takes the traditional process of Ombre and makes it a little more subtle, or subdued hence the S-Ombre. Kim Vo calls it the softer side of Ombre.
Why will this be so popular this season? Summer is over and obviously our hair is getting less sun so since we all want people to think our hair is just naturally this stunning and beautiful (yeah right) we want to steer towards a little bit of a darker sun-kissed look.
I was lucky enough to receive personal training from Kim Vo last night during an exclusive Webinar hosted by Behindthechair.com The class taught us how to achieve this beautiful effect in only 30 minutes application time, 10-15 minutes of processing and the rest is up to the customer (trim? style?).
Let's book you an appointment today and see how beautiful this would look in your hair. It can be done with lowlights too and also Red tones so we can really personalize it to your liking.