Are you considering cosmetology school? Are you looking for answers on what it will be like? Wondering what the next year of your life will entail? You may also be wondering what it will be like for you after school is over and you are ready to start your career. Surprisingly there are few books on this topic. I'm working to change that. I want to give students and potential students the opportunity to research their career before it ever begins.
Capturing the true cosmetology school experience can obviously only be done by someone who has been through school, which I have. I am also a professional stylist with 7 years in the industry now.
I will cover many topics including these
- How to date a school
- How to tour a school
- How to choose a school
- How to get the best deal on pricing
- What is included in your kit
- What your first few weeks will be like
- What the next few months will be like
- How to make the most of your time in school
- Re-examine the fundamentals of hair cuts and color from a real world perspective
- How to get past the drama
- What you should and shouldn't worry about when preparing for your state examinations
- How to find a job
- How to build a clientele
- How to be successful as a stylist
- Book-keeping and taxes for stylists
- Bigger and better opportunities
- And much, much more
So I need feedback. What other topics are there questions on? What resources so far have you found to answer your questions?